Wednesday, April 17, 2013

More Volunteering Responsibilities

Last week I applied for more volunteer work at the library, since most of the week I am not doing much outside of the house. I have school Thursday mornings, and volunteer at the library Friday mornings with the home delivery program (I help deliver library materials to those who can't come in to the library for whatever reason).

I felt that I needed more responsibilities, and had decided to volunteer more until I can get a job (or in addition to getting a job).

I wasn't expecting to be contacted so soon, but a day or so after I applied for the extra volunteering, one of the library employees contacted me to figure something out.

So, I start on Monday, April 22, helping out with games and arts/crafts in the children's section. I can't wait to start!!! I will be doing this work on Mondays and Wednesdays, from 2 to 4 pm, which is perfect for me.

Sometime soon, maybe this summer, I hope to be able to volunteer at the food pantry as well. I love helping people, and helping out at the food pantry is perfect for me. Every month they have an orientation thing for new volunteers, and I hope to be able to go to one of them soon. I would really love to help out.

I am so happy that I am able to do stuff like this in my town. It feels great being able to help others, and knowing that they really appreciate it. It is so awesome!!!

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment