Saturday, April 27, 2013

Volunteer Appreciation Week

This past week was Volunteer Appreciation Week, or at least it was at the local library here. I volunteer at the library, delivering library materials to those who can't come in for whatever reason, and I also volunteer in the children's department, helping alphabetize the books. Soon I will be helping with the games and crafts with the children.

I have been with the home delivery program for just about a year (this coming Friday will be one year), and I absolutely love it. I get to meet new people, and it has brought me out of my shell a little. I am a very shy person, and being able to open up a little more is awesome!

I just started with the children's department this past Monday, and it has gone well so far. All the people I volunteer with, in both departments, are very nice, and are great people to work with. I am so glad to have the opportunity to work with them in this way.

This coming Wednesday is the library's Volunteer Appreciation Reception, and I am looking forward to it. This is the first time I am going to it, so I don't know what all to expect. But I am sure it will be great. I love the library, and am very happy being able to help them out however I can.

Quite a few times, a few of the people I deliver materials to have told me they really appreciate what I am doing for them, and that makes me feel good. I love it when I hear that. It is awesome to be able to help people like this. They really do notice what others do for them.

I plan to volunteer at the library for as long as I can, and hopefully I can get a job there. I love hanging out at the library. They have a lot of things for the community to do, and they always try and find ways to help out. It is so great what they do.

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment