Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Movies, Birthdays, and Holidays

Yesterday, I saw Breaking Dawn Part 2 at the local theater. I think it is the best one out of the series. I absolutely loved it. I'm not going to give anything away, in case anyone hasn't seen it yet, but there is one scene in the movie, that's not in the book, so it was totally unexpected.

Today, I made lemon squares to take to my sister's for Thanksgiving. My dad asked me to make them, and I was happy to do that. I love to bake (emphasis on the word love), so I don't mind at all when someone asks me to bake something for them.

My dad, one of my brothers and I are going to visit my sister, who lives about an hour away from us, on Thanksgiving day. I can't wait. I get to see my niece and nephew again. They are the best niece and nephew I could ask for. Which makes me love being an aunt.

I am really looking forward to the holidays this year, which is nice. The last couple years, I haven't really been that excited about the holidays, since my mom wasn't alive to be there with us for them. But, I am slowly getting into the spirit again, which is also nice.

Tomorrow is my dad's birthday. I don't know if we're going to do anything to celebrate, since he doesn't really care for big celebrations, but I'm planning on baking him a cake, and giving him a card. He deserves something for his birthday.

My birthday is coming up next month, which I'm sort of excited about. I don't know what I want to do to celebrate, or if I want to do something. I have time to decide, though.

I can't believe it's the holiday season already. Time went by fast. Way too fast for me. Last week on Friday, I asked my dad to get me a Barnes and Noble gift card, so I can start ordering some presents for my family.

I had ordered a book for my dad, that he wants, and I think it will come by sometime next week. When that comes, I have six more people to shop for after that.

If my friends and I decide to give each other presents, I'm thinking of making them presents, instead of buying them stuff, mainly because I don't have a lot of money, and partly because I think they would like a handmade present more that a store-bought one. I definitely would.

Well, that's all for now. If you celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope you have a wonderful and thankful day! If not, enjoy the day regardless!

No comments:

Post a Comment