Friday, November 9, 2012

I Love Volunteering

Every Friday, I volunteer at the library, delivering materials to homebound people, and I absolutely love it.

I had missed volunteering last week, due to sleeping problems, and wasn't happy about that. But today, a couple of the people we deliver materials to said they missed me, and were glad to see me. Another person had given me $5 for Thanksgiving, which was surprisingly nice.

I didn't think I made that much of an impression on these people, but apparently have. Today's experience made me love volunteering even more.

It made me realize people really do appreciate volunteers, and this makes me feel really good. I'm doing something to help people out, and that's what life is about. Helping people who might not otherwise have help.

I have been volunteering with the homebound delivery program since May, and have loved every minute of it. I am so very glad I got the opportunity to do this.

If you are able to, please volunteer in your community, or abroad. Even if no one says anything, you really are appreciated. You are making a difference in the life of others (even animals), and it makes you feel good, knowing that you are helping out.

I am hoping to volunteer with this program as long as I can. I do have plans to go back to school, and to get a job, so until then, I will be volunteering. Or I may stay with this program, even with a job, and going to school. Everyone is really nice, and I would hate to leave, even though I know I don't necessarily have to stay.

But, it's fun, and I love it.

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment