Friday, November 2, 2018

Past

My past is a mix of beautiful and not so beautiful memories.
Traveling to other states to visit grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles.
Death of family members.
Graduations
Weddings (I got to be a bridesmaid in my oldest brother's wedding, which made me so happy!!)
Bad grades
Poor choices I made
Good choices I made
Some bullying
Studying baking in college
Jobs
Holidays and birthdays spent with family and friends
Among many other things.
Part of my past was very difficult,
Part of it was amazing
But it is all a part of me, of who I am
And I wouldn't change it for anything.
The past is the past for a reason, though
And dwelling on it isn't going to change the future.
Dwelling on it doesn't change the past, either.
I am thankful for what has brought me here this far,
and I can't wait to see what my future holds.
Past actions and events does not dictate my future
So I can make of it how I wish.
The past helps me learn from my mistakes,
My actions
And events
Helping me move forward in life
And I am so thankful for that

No comments:

Post a Comment