Monday, November 5, 2018

My November Goals

I know November has been here for a few days now, but I only just thought of this post. And, it is still early enough in the month, to where I can share my goals for this month.

These are the goals that I would love to work on for this month (and beyond November, as well):
  1. Get my bedroom cleaned up
    I am a messy person by nature, especially when it comes to my room (mainly with my room). I really want to work on that, and now that I have some more free time, I can actually clean my room up. Now, to just get the motivation to clean up.
  2. Spend as little as possible on my credit card
    I know that the holidays are coming up, and I will be buying gifts soon, so this is going to be a hard one for me to follow thru on. But, I am a big spender, and this is another thing I want to work on in my life. I want to save a lot more than I spend, so I can have more to spend on the things I really need.
  3. Find an exercise routine that works for me
    I am not big on exercising these days, and it definitely has an effect on my health and well-being. I really want to move around more, but actually doing more exercise than what I am currently doing, more than what I am used to, is hard. I definitely want to get in better shape, so hopefully I can find something that works for me.
  4. Read at least one book a month
    I love to read, but because I had been very busy for several months (an internship 3 days a week, and my library job another three days a week), I just didn't feel like doing a whole lot during the time that I wasn't working, especially reading. Now that my internship is over, I have more time to read (among other things, of course), which I am very happy about.
  5. Donate/get rid of items I don't need/want anymore (clothes, accessories, books, CDs, movies, etc.)
    I have a ton of stuff, and I really don't feel happy having it all. I actually recently donated some clothes I didn't want anymore, but there are other things that I still need to go through, to see what I don't want/need anymore. There are some clothes that I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep or get rid of, so I will definitely be going through my clothes again. It feels soooo good when I get rid of/donate things I don't want anymore, partly because it's not in the house anymore, and partly because other people could get some use out of it as well.
  6. Learn how to cook and eat better
    Going along with my exercise goal, I want to be able to cook better, and to eat better. I don't always choose the best foods for my body, and I definitely feel the effects of that. Most of the time, I just look for something that requires little preparation, and go with that. Which means a lot of junk food. I really want to eat more of the "healthier" foods, and eat the not-so-healthy foods in moderation. Which will definitely be hard for me to do, but I am willing to work on that.
  7. Spend less time online/on the computer (1 hour a day)
    Since I am not very active, I tend to spend a lot of my free time on the computer, and that is not very good for me. I want to be able to find other productive things to do in my free time, like reading, exercising, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to just sit back and relax at home, but that is what I do with almost all of my free time, and it's boring doing the same thing over and over and over. I will definitely have to find things to do, to make it not so boring.
What are your goals for November? I hope you achieve those goals, and have a wonderful November!!

No comments:

Post a Comment