Friday, November 16, 2018

100 Days Without Fear

Some time ago (at least a year, maybe more), I found out about 100 Days Without Fear, and the woman who started it.

An Instagram post she recently uploaded reminded me of the project, and it got me thinking about the challenge she started, and how she conquered 100 of her own fears.

So, I decided to make a list of fears that I want to overcome, and share it on here.

Without further ado, here is my list:
  1. Accept and start this challenge
  2. Make at least one new friend
    I am a very shy person, so making friends is hard for me. I don't have very many friends, and I would like to have more, who will be friends with me, because they like me for me, for who I am.
  3. Get a nose piercing
    I have a low pain tolerance, so I don't like it when I am in pain. I had my ears pierced years ago, and it wasn't that bad, so I know this isn't nearly as bad as some other things. But I am a little cautious about how a nose piercing will feel when I get it.
  4. Get a tattoo in memory of my mom
  5. Learn how to cook better
    I am not the best cook, so I don't cook very often. I want to change that, and become confident in my cooking abilities.
  6. Get my driver's license (and become more comfortable driving)
    I was very scared when I took driver's ed in high school, because I was afraid of hitting someone or something, and I am afraid of those who aren't the best of drivers.
  7. Change my hair color
  8. Speak in front of a crowd (become more comfortable with public speaking)
    Being very shy and introverted makes me very scared of talking in front of a group of people, and I have major stage fright. I want to work on that, so it's not so difficult for me to talk to people.
  9. Hold a tarantula
  10. Take self defense classes
  11. Go skydiving
  12. Explore a new city by myself
  13. Go ziplining
    I am afraid of heights, so this is one thing that scares me, but it is also something I really want to do.
  14. Create YouTube videos of my passions/interests
  15. Get more experienced as a baker/decorator
  16. Get a photography degree, and become a more experienced photographer
  17. Work on writing a book to be published
  18. Become less concerned with what others think of me
    I am always thinking about what others think of/about me (thanks to being shy/introverted), and I want to be able to not care what others think of me.
  19. Be in a loving relationship with a significant other (basically, fall in love)
  20. Make calls without feeling awkward/shy/scared
  21. Spend a whole day without electronics
    I spend a lot of time either on the computer, on my phone, watching TV, or watching a movie. While all of those things are good, it's just a waste spending so much time on electronics. I want to be more active.
  22. Try a food that I normally would be too afraid to try
  23. Learn to love and accept myself
    I am always thinking about the things I don't like/love about myself, and I want to focus more on the things I do like/love.
  24. Jump off of a diving board
  25. Write an honest letter to my dad
    I seldom tell people what's on my mind, especially family members. I want to be able to tell my dad (and others) things I really want to tell him, before it's too late.
  26. Try a new hairstyle that I normally would not have
  27. Travel by train, by myself, to the city
    I am not very good with directions, but I love traveling. So I would love to be able to work on my sense of direction, and visit the city (as well as other places).
  28. Learn how to do my own makeup
    I very seldom wear makeup, so I am not very good at it. I want to be good at doing my makeup, so I can wear it on special occasions.
  29. Write honest letters to my brothers
  30. Write an honest letter to my sister
  31. See a play by myself
    I don't like being in crowds, but I really want to see plays, which means being in crowds. I don't want to feel like I can't be among other people, enjoying things.
  32. Learn a new language fluently (Spanish, Italian, Sign Language, French)
  33. Play the violin again, and become proficient in playing it
  34. Go to the concert of a band/singer I really like, by myself (or with someone)
  35. Learn how to change a tire
  36. Learn how to pump gas
  37. Write a song
  38. Figure out the best exercise routine for me, and keep it up on a regular basis
  39. Learn how to properly bake bread
  40. Wear high heels
  41. Try a running exercise for one month
  42. Hike up a mountain
  43. Write honest letters to friends
  44. Go on a mission trip
  45. Paint something once a week
  46. Knit or crochet a sweater
    I have never made anything as big or complicated as a sweater, and I would love to be able to learn how to make one.
  47. Foster an animal
  48. Run/walk in a race
  49. Redecorate my bedroom
  50. Learn how to decorate/become better skilled at decorating wedding cakes
  51. Eat as healthy as I can for one month
  52. Start a conversation with someone
  53. Spend as little as possible on my credit card for one month (or longer)
  54. Learn how to sew
  55. Learn how to French braid
    The only hairstyle I can do well is a ponytail, and I want to be able to learn how to do other styles, so ponytails won't be the only thing I can do.
  56. Learn how to do a fish tail braid
  57. Learn how to curl my hair with a curling iron
  58. Learn how to do a milk maid braid
  59. Knit or crochet a blanket
  60. Go on a road trip with friends
  61. Be more spontaneous
  62. Try surfing (or snowboarding if winter time)
  63. Jump off a cliff
  64. Go paintballing
  65. Swim with dolphins
  66. Swim in the ocean
  67. Meet someone famous
  68. Go to a Renaissance Festival
  69. See a Broadway play
  70. See an Opera
  71. Go to a pro basketball game
  72. Start working on a teaching degree
  73. Have a professional photo shoot
  74. Try a sensory deprivation tank
  75. Eat alone at a restaurant
  76. Enter something in a food competition
  77. Try an Escape Room challenge
  78. Learn how to juggle
    My hand eye coordination isn't very good, and juggling is one thing I would love to be able to do, to work on my coordination.
  79. Meditate on a regular basis
  80. Sponsor a child's wish through the Make-a-Wish Foundation
  81. Unplug for a week
  82. Start taking karate classes
  83. Try skateboarding/learn to skateboard
  84. Take a Zumba class
  85. Fly in a helicopter
  86. Ride on a ride that would normally scare me
  87. Be a tourist in my own town
  88. Take a train cross-country
  89. Make a vision board
  90. Pay it forward in some way
  91. Give packs of necessities to the homeless living on the streets
  92. Overcome my shyness enough to do the things I want to do
  93. Learn to barbecue
  94. Send a care package to a soldier
  95. Go to a concert of a band/artist I like
  96. Learn how to play the piano
  97. Save more than I spend
    I am one of those people who likes to spend a lot, and that scares me, because I am at the point where I'm actually realizing that my spending habits are bad. I really want to work on that, and have more money saved than spent.
  98. Make macarons
    There are some things that scare me enough to not want to try and make, and macarons are one of those things. I really want to learn how to make them, and be able to make them well.
  99. Learn how to make and decorate cakes for different occasions (Birthdays, holidays, showers, etc.)
  100. Become skilled in working with modeling chocolate and fondant

It took me a while to come up with this list, but I finally got 100 things I would like to do to overcome my fears.

What are some fears that you would like to overcome?

No comments:

Post a Comment