Friday, May 2, 2014

A Gift

For about two years now, I have been volunteering with the local library, delivering materials to those who can't come in to the library for whatever reason (mainly health-related).

I am so grateful that I was given this opportunity, as the patrons on my rout have shown me how much the really appreciate what I do.

The latest one was today, when one of the patrons had done this to the tag on her return bag:


It feels awesome to know that people think of me that way. It makes me feel like I am actually doing some good in the world, spreading a little joy and happiness in peoples' lives, even if just for a little while.

Volunteering is probably the best thing that has happened to me lately. I have met some amazing people I probably would not have met otherwise, who are really nice, caring people, who appreciate what I am doing for them.

All of this is a gift as well. So, to the woman who left this little note, I thank you from the bottom of my heart! It is much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment