Sunday, May 11, 2014

My Favorite Memories of My Mom

Since today is Mother's Day, and since my mom isn't physically here anymore, I would post a few of my favorite memories I have of my mom.

Going out to eat with just her. We usually went to TGI Friday's, which is my favorite restauarant.

Celebrating her 30th wedding anniversary with the family. We went to Lake Geneva for the celebration. I remember the day before my parents left (us kids were going up later as a surprise for my mom, which my dad planned), my mom and I went out to eat at TGI Friday's, and got to talking about the anniversary. I almost let it slip that us kids were going, but caught myself in time.

Convincing my mom to let me get two dresses that I absolutely loved, while out shopping for prom dresses (I went to prom my senior year of high school, but these dresses were bought during my junior year). One was a strapless dress with a shawl (which I decided to wear to prom), and the other was a strap-y, sleeveless dress, that I wore to a choir concert (I was in the school choir) and another school dance (it was either a morp or one of the other, bigger dances). Both dresses were blue in color.

Early morning talks. About nothing and everything in particular.

Going swimming with her during the summertime.

Going to girl scouting events with her as one of the leaders.

Her chaperoning a school field trip to the Shedd Aquarium, from either Kindergarten or first grade.

Her staying overnight with me in the children's hospital, while doctors ran tests to see if I had epilepsy. This was over twenty years ago, and I still remember it. Not clearly, but it's still a good memory I have of my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment