Saturday, May 17, 2014

Two Years of Volunteering at the Library

It has been two years since I started volunteering at the local library here, and I have really enjoyed it.

I can't believe it's been that long already. Time just flew by.

I volunteer three days a week; Mondays and Wednesdays I clean discs, and Fridays I deliver library materials to homebound patrons, who aren't able to come in for whatever reason (mainly because of a disability or illness).

I have been doing the disc cleaning since August, and the home delivery service since May 2012. I remember starting out both like it was yesterday.

Yesterday was the library's Volunteer Appreciation Reception, which I did go to. It was nice seeing all the people who volunteer, and the trustees/other library employees there.

Here's to many more years of volunteering!!

No comments:

Post a Comment