Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Responsibilities

Towards the end of April, I decided to apply for more volunteer work at the library, as I wanted more responsibility. I finished school for the semester on May 16th, and the only real responsibility I had was volunteering with the library's home delivery program on Friday mornings.

I was bored the rest of the time, so I decided to take on more work. I am now volunteering three days a week (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays), 2 hours each day.

It is nice to be doing more than what I was doing before. I am out of the house a little more, and I'm doing something more productive with my time.

It would be nice to have a regular (paying) job, but for now, having these current volunteering responsibilities is enough for me. I am content with how things are going right now.

This coming fall, I am going back to school (hopefully), so that will be a welcome change. I am taking a food sanitation and safety class on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6 pm to 6:50 pm.

I am glad this class is in the evening, because I don't have to wake up early (I am a huge night owl, so waking up before 9 am is hard for me), and I have more time to prepare for class.

I really enjoy volunteering at the library, and I hope to be able to do that for as long as I can. I am fortunate to live as close as I do to the library, and to be able to spend so much time there.

Hopefully I'll have more/other responsibilities in the future, that I will enjoy as much as I do volunteering. And school. I never really liked school all that much until I started college. I think that is because I am doing a lot better, and the classes are more interesting.

And because I have more time to be able to do the homework that is assigned.

I just started the job application process again, and hopefully I'll get a job this time around. It will make me feel more independent, and maybe more confident as well. And responsible, of course.

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment