Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Needing to Get Into an Exercise Mindset

For quite a while now, I have been trying to get myself to start exercising more, since I am so out of shape.

But, I tend to procrastinate when it comes to exercising. I don't like it, mainly because I haven't done any "real" exercise in a long time.

Although, I have started getting in the routine of riding my bike three days a week. Last week I was able to do that, and this week, I am 2 for 3 so far. I plan on riding my bike on my volunteer days, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

I have been thinking about also doing Zumba, which is a sort of dance workout. It seems like fun, and I really want to try it.

I'm also planning on taking up yoga and/or Pilates, and some other cardio exercises. I need exercises that are fun, and not boring.

I also really need to eat better. And sleep better. I am a major night owl, and tend to stay up until around 3 am. It takes me a very long time to fall asleep, so I tend to read, listen to music or a book on CD, watch a movie, and do other things to get me tired enough to fall asleep sooner.

I usually skip breakfast most days, and I eat a lot of junk food as well. Hopefully with all the exercise I am starting to do, it'll motivate me to eat better, too.

I don't like sitting around all day, lazing about the house, not doing much. I am really starting to wish I also had a job, so this wouldn't be a problem.

I'm not saying that I want to spend an entire day outside, all the time. I just want to spend less time sitting at home, and more time moving around. I want to be around for a while, and I don't want to get sick.

Hopefully, riding my bike as often as I have so far is a sign that I am going in the right direction, and that I can show myself that I can do it. And that I am able to stick to something if I put my mind to it.

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment