Sunday, July 28, 2013

It's Back-to-School Time

Well, it's almost time for school to start again. Where has the time gone? Why does it always go by fast?

My dad took me to school to pay for my class, which I was happy about. For some reason, they don't do paper billing anymore, and they don't send out grades by regular mail either. I don't get why they did that. But, that's alright I guess. Now, I just have to buy my school books, and some school supplies.

I don't know why, but I love buying school supplies. It gives me a kind of rush to buy the stuff.

I start school on August 26th, and I am actually excited about it. I never really liked school until I got to college.

I guess that's because I have more freedom and leeway with my schedule. I can choose what classes to take, how many to take in a semester, the days, and the times I can take them. Plus, I am learning about something I am really interested in, instead of something I'm not good at, or something I am not interested in.

It is awesome. Since starting my baking/pastry degree, which I actually had to switch over to, as I wasn't doing well in the classes I was taking for the other degree (special education), I have been getting straight A's so far, which I don't remember ever doing.

Getting straight A's has given me the confidence I need in knowing that I can do well when I put my mind to it. It feels great!!

The class I am taking is a food safety and sanitation class, which is on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6 pm to 6:50 pm. The teacher for this class is the same teacher I had for my Nutrition class last semester (spring).

She is a really nice person, so I know I can go to her for help if I need to. Also, she lives by me so if I miss the bus, or can't get a ride, then I know I can ask her for a ride.

I also know what to expect from her as a teacher, as well. So that helps as well.

I do plan on trying again for my special education degree, but for now I want to focus on finishing my baking/pastry degree.

I can't wait for the 26th to come, and to have more to do again. I volunteer three days a week for 2 hours each day, but I need more to do outside of the house again. And since I'm loving school now, I an really looking forward to the fall semester.

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment