Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Love of Music

Growing up, I listened to country music, and I still do. Although, my musical tastes have grown to include lite rock and Christian music. And I am so glad I was introduced to those different genres of music.

My mom and grandfather (my mom's father) both listened to country music, which is how I came to listen to it as well. My dad is into rock, and he got me into the Beatles, and lite rock soon followed as a favorite genre.

I started listening to Christian music a few years ago, when I was going through a rough time. It has helped me through a lot of bad days, and I am so thankful that I came across this genre of music.

I also love opera/foreign and Celtic music (I guess because I am part Irish!). My favorite artists are Andrea Bocelli, Pavoratti, Celtic Woman, Celtic Thunder and The Three Irish Tenors.

What I listen to at any given time depends on how I am feeling. Right now, I am listening to country. My alarm is set on lite rock, although my boom box radio is set on country.

I have to have music on to concentrate when doing things like homework, or cleaning up. And exercising. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to get things done on time. Music helps me relax, and to concentrate on what I am doing. If I don't have music on, I get distracted pretty easily. Is anyone else like that?

I have many country, lite rock, Christian, and opera/foreign CDs in my collection, although I'm positive I don't have as many CDs as most others. I have the same types of music on my phone as well, so I can listen wherever I go.

My favorite radio stations are K-LOVE, U.S. 99.5, and MY FM 93.9.

I have never been to a music concert before (at least, not of one from someone on this scale of musical notoriety.), but I would absolutely love to someday.

Music is a major part of my life, and I don't know what I would be like if it wasn't. So I have a BIG thank you to all of the artists that make it possible for me to enjoy life every day.

What is/are your favorite type(s) of music? Who are your favorite artists? Do you have any recommendations of artists to check out?

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment