Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Living Life to the Fullest

For maybe a year or so, I have been following the Bartlinski family through their blog, Our Place Called Home, and after one of their daughters died after a failed heart transplant, it made me think about my life in a new way.

It made me think about all the things that I want to do, and to not wait for the "right time" to do them. Life is too short to wait for things to happen. I need to make them happen.

There are a ton of things I want to do, but a lot of them require money, being more outgoing, or just putting yourself out there. I am a really shy person, so doing some of the things I want to do will put me way out of my comfort zone.

But, I am willing to put myself out there at this point in life. I am an adult, so I need to do things for myself.

No one is guaranteed tomorrow, so we need to live life like today is our last day. Enjoy life, be grateful for what you are given, and don't take anything for granted. Don't keep grudges.

I hope to be able to make some of my dreams come true, as I know I won't be here forever. And I am starting to slowly accept that fact.

The little girl who was a true and brave fighter right to the very end has inspired me to do more with my life, and to go for my dreams. That my dreams are possible, and that I can do anything I want. So, thank you Teresa, and family, for sharing your stories with me and the rest of the world. You are amazing people, and I am so thankful that I got to know you, even if it was through a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment