Monday, January 7, 2013

Wanting to Drive

For a long time, I have been wanting to drive. But, while she was alive, my mom didn't. She didn't want to have to deal with insurance with me. Of course, I was NOT happy about that.

I took driver's education in high school (I failed the first time so I had to take it a second time. I passed the second time, with a B), and was nervous about it at first, since I never drove before.

I got my permit again a couple years ago, while my mom was in the hospital, but I only used it once. After my mom died, I wasn't that interested in driving, for obvious reasons.

But now, I am interested again, and my dad is willing to let me get my license. Which I am very happy about. I want to start driving again, although I am nervous about the DMV's driving test.

It's been a while since I last drove, so I'm a little rusty. But, I'm willing to go through all this, to get my license.

I really want to be more independent with this, so I don't have to rely on others all the time. I got a cell phone a little over a year ago (probably a year and a half ago), which helped me become more independent, and getting this license will help even more.

Until I can get my permit, and then license, I will be looking for a job, which I sorely need. I feel bad for not working, even though I know the economy is bad. It's hard to get hired these days, but I really want to work.

Hopefully I can get something real soon. At this point, I am willing to get pretty much anything. We'll see what happens, though.

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment