Sunday, January 27, 2013

Wanting to Be a Published Author

For a few years now, I have been wanting to write a book, and have it published. While shopping at a thrift shop yesterday, I found an interesting book called Writer's Market Guide to Getting Published. It has tips for aspiring authors on how to get published, and how to get known.

I am more into fiction than any other genre of writing, so that is what I plan on writing, although I might put in a little nonfiction stuff in as well.

I've had some dreams that I want to turn into books as well, so I can use that kind of inspiration for any books I would want to write.

I am normaly a shy person, so writing is one of the best ways for me to express myself. Which is why I have this blog. Plus, I can be creative, which I love.

One thing I don't like, though, is the public speaking part of writing. I do want to get over my shyness and fear of public speaking, and soon. I don't like being so shy. I don't plan on overcoming it completely, though, because I do like being kind of shy.

We'll see what happens with that, though. I know it's going to take some time to work on.

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment