Thursday, February 11, 2010

Earthquake in Illinois...Who'd've Thought?

Yesterday, just before 4 am, we got a 3.8 magnitude earthquake. I think I remember hearing a rumbling sound, but I don't remember feeling any shaking. I never thought we would ever get an earthquake, no matter what magnitude it is. Makes me think that anything can happen here, if we can get an earthquake.
I am so glad I don't have school today. I really do not want to be going out in this kind of weather. We got several inches of snow, it is freezing out, and the wind is harsh. I am so glad tomorrow is a short school day. I get out at 10:50 am.
So far today, I watched tv, ate lunch, and used the computer. Later tonight, I will be doing my Hospitality homework. Even though it isn't due until next Wednesday. It's good to get a head-start on it, so I don't have to worry about it later.
Tomorrow is the opening ceremony for the Winter Olympics. I will definitely be watching it, when it starts at 6:30 pm. I love watching the Olympians having fun while competing in their sports. It's fun to watch them.
Well, that's all for now. More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment