Saturday, October 6, 2018

A Shy and Introverted Teacher?

I have always been a very shy, introverted person, and that, among other things, is why I never really liked school all that much.

Yet, I have been very intent on becoming an elementary school teacher.

I have no idea why.

I am still very shy and introverted. I hate being the center of attention; I don't like to speak in front of a group of people; I freeze when I have to speak.

I just don't like it. Yet I really, really, really want to be a teacher. I love children, and this is how I want to work with them.

Yes, I am aware that there are other positions, like teaching assistants, where I can still work with the kids, without the pressure of being the head of the class.

But, I seem to have my heart set on becoming a teacher. Head of a class of children.

Which kind of scares me.

But, if something doesn't scare you, it doesn't help you grow, and learn. You have to be able to do the hard, the scary.

I am debating whether to go for elementary education, or special education, as my major. I have a heart for special education teaching, but I would also like to teach regular education as well. I might do both, just in case.

I started taking college classes in becoming a teacher, but I didn't do too great, so I switched majors. Once I am finished with this major (baking and pastry; I actually graduate, hopefully, this coming May!!), I may try again with the teaching degree.

Hopefully it works out better this next time around, and I may find out if I truly have what it takes to be a teacher. In the end, I may decide to become a teacher's aide, as I really want to be in a classroom again.

No comments:

Post a Comment