Friday, October 19, 2018

10 Goals Before 2019

I recently saw a YouTuber post a video on 10 goals she has made before 2019 begins.

I thought that was a good idea, and I was inspired to make a list of my own 10 goals before 2019. So, without further ado, here is my list of 10 goals I want to complete before 2019 comes.

  1. Get bedroom cleaned up
    I had started cleaning up my bedroom over the spring, yet completely stopped once I started my internship. With the internship, and my job at the library, I just did not feel like doing any cleaning in my off time, but now that the internship is over, I have more free time that I am hoping to partially spend on cleaning my room.
  2. Spend as little as possible on my credit card
    I am one of those people who spends more than saves, and I really want to try and work on that.
  3. Find an exercise routine that works for me, and keep it up
    I am not really an exercise junkie, but I do want to get in better shape. I walk, and sometimes bike, to and from work (which isn't that much of a trek for me), but that's about it. I was able to go swimming a couple of times over the summer as well, but I want to do more than this, so I can be a healthier version of myself.
  4. Keep up with writing in a journal
    One thing I really enjoy is writing. I had started a journal months ago, but I quite writing in it for a couple of months. I want to get back into writing in it again, hopefully writing entries at least once a week, or more if there are more things I want to document.
  5. Learn how to cook better, and to eat healthier
    I tend to gravitate to junk food more often than healthy foods, and I do want to change that.
  6. Relearn how to play the violin
    I played the violin for a couple of years in elementary school, but quit because I got bored with playing. I very much regret doing that, but I am hoping to get back into playing.
  7. Read two books a month
    I love to read, but while doing my internship, and working at the library, my down time was not spent reading any books. I want to read more, as I enjoy it very much, and I may even branch out into genres I normally don't read, as well.
  8. Bake and decorate something at least once a month
    Another thing I LOVE doing is baking, and I haven't done any at home for quite some time.
  9. Start learning how to speak, read and write in Spanish somewhat fluently
    I love foreign languages, and would love to be able to speak multiple languages. But, I have a hard time remembering words and their English meanings. I took Spanish in high school, but have forgotten most of the words I learned, because I don't have many people to speak Spanish to. I would love to be able to find a way to learn the language, that works best for me, and to be able to communicate more with people who aren't fluent in English.
  10. Volunteer at an animal shelter
    I love animals, and they always make me feel better when I'm around them. For a while, I hadn't had the time to be able to volunteer at a shelter, but since I now have extra time, I want to be able to volunteer at the local animal shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment