Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thirteen Years Since 9/11

it has been thirteen years since the terrorist attacks.

Even though I wasn't directly affected by the attacks (I didn't have any friends or family members in the area when the attacks happened), I was stunned by what had happened.

I remember being in first period World History my sophomore year of high school. A boy in my class had come in late, and said that the first tower had been hit.

I had been running late that morning, so I wasn't able to listen to the news, so I wasn't sure if it was true.

During second period Spanish, my teacher went online to find out whether or not it was true, and when she said it was, I was stunned.

My 4/5 period geometry teacher let us watch the news during the whole class period, and I was horrified by what I saw.

To those who were directly affected by these attacks, I pray that you can see the good in each day, and that there are those who truly care for you, and love you.

You are not alone. There are so many people around the world who stand with you on this day, and every day. Please take comfort in that.

I know it hurts, but try to live every day to the fullest, and know that if you lost a loved one that day, they are in a better place, where nothing can ever hurt them anymore, and that they would want you to keep going.

Of course I wish these attacks NEVER happened, that it shouldn't take a tragedy like this to bring people together, but it just goes to show how strong a nation can be under these kinds of situations.

We will not be brought down, we will not forget, we are a strong nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment