Saturday, September 13, 2014

Honoring the Service Animals of 9/11

This past Thursday, I went over to a neighbor's house for their dog and cat toy craft. It was in honor of the animals that helped find people after the 9/11 attacks. They had invited me last week, and I am so glad I went.

We made:

Dog and cat fleece beds. This one is for a dog. I had told my neighbor that I had always wanted to make one of these, and she let me take a couple home for my cats. I put this in one of their favorite spots, and my cats absolutely LOVE them!!



Cat cork toys, which we could decorate with pipe cleaners, feathers, and ribbon if we wanted.
 

Braided rope dog toys, which are made out of old t-shirts.
 

Catnip sachets, made with pieces of fabric, string, catnip, and cotton balls.
 
 
These were all very easy to make, and I plan to make more someday. These are for shelter pets, who I was very happy to make these toys for.
 
I got a hug out of this, from my neighbor's son, when I left to go home (he wasn't even asked or told to do this; he did it of his own accord!). Which was really nice.
 
I hope we can do this again sometime, as I really enjoyed the day.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment