Wednesday, January 22, 2014

First Day of School and Fall Semester Grades

Well, yesterday was the first day of school for the spring semester. It went well; the teacher was really nice, it's a fairly small class (about 10 or so students, including me...and out of those ten or so students, only one of them is a guy), and it seems like a really interesting and fun class.

I am taking Intro to Baking and Pastry, from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. every Tuesday.

I do have homework, but it's easy: read chapter 1 of the book.

I also have to get a pastry kit, non-slip dark shoes, a chefs hat, neckerchief, and side towels (that go at your hip for when you need to wipe your hands). This class is becoming really expensive. I hope it's going to be worth it, though.

Also, I checked the school's website yesterday, and saw that they posted the grades from the Fall semester (finally). I got an A in my Food Sanitation & Safety class, which continues my A streak for this degree.

I'm not really striving for all As, that's just how well I am doing so far with my baking/pastry degree. I just want to pass my classes, so I don't have to repeat a class, or drop out of school.

So, school is going well overall. Which is great!

This is the first time, in probably ever, that I can truly say that I enjoy school, and look forward to going to every class. I guess that's because I am learning something that I am really interested in, and because I have teachers who are really involved in their students' education. They truly care.

I hope to own my own bakery someday, and I am well on my way to achieving that dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment