Saturday, January 18, 2014

Back to School (Almost)

The other day, I realized that the spring semester, for me, starts on Tuesday. I can't believe break is just about over. And that I actually forgot I was registered for the spring semester. It feels like yesterday that it just started. Why does time do that? Speed up? Although I am excited about going back to school, I'm also nervous.
 
I am only taking one class once a week, from 8:30 am to 1:20 pm (yeah, weird hours, I know), every Tuesday. I bought my school book on Thursday (it's a big book, and thankfully it's the ONLY book I need this semester), and I need to buy a notebook or two, then I'll be prepared for class.
 
I hope the teacher for this class (Intro to Baking and Pastry) is as nice and understanding as the teacher I had for the spring and fall classes. She understood that I have a learning disability, and needed some help/more time on things (if I needed it). She truly cared about her students, and their success in class.
 
Since I started going for my baking/pastry degree, I've come to like school more, and having teachers like her, makes school even MORE enjoyable, which I love.
 
I have been getting straight As with this degree, which makes school just the more enjoyable, and likeable for me. I don't really remember making straight As in school. Ever. I didn't really do all that well until I started this degree, which is partly why I never truly liked or enjoyed school before. But, at least I still have a chance to do well.

I'm not a morning person, so it'll probably be hard for me to get up really early, but at least it's only once a week. (I foresee a lot of naps in the upcoming 4 months or so, for me!)
 
So, I am really looking forward to the spring semester starting, and, shockingly, doing homework again. The only things I am NOT looking forward to are waiting for the bus (I don't have a license yet :(  ), and getting up early.
 
Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment