Friday, January 6, 2023

My Word for 2023

I have been doing a word of the year for a while now, and it has gone ok, in terms of sticking to my word. But, I can definitely do better.

This year, I have decided that my word for 2023 will be:  SELF-CARE

2022 was on the stressful side for me, and I want to take more time this year, to focus on myself. With having to quit my job, my anxiety being high for a while, and just not taking care of myself, I have decided to put my mental first, and take better care of myself.

Things I would like to incorporate into my self-care routine include:
  • A long shower or bath
  • Regular walks
  • Yoga
  • Journaling (prayer, junk, regular journaling)
  • Reading
  • Going on self-dates
  • Painting
  • Knitting
  • Crocheting
  • Watching movies
  • Listening to my favorite music
  • Play the violin
  • Play the ukulele
  • Write stories
  • Put a puzzle together
  • Play a video game
  • Paint my nails
  • Learn how to apply my own makeup
  • Cook
  • Bake
  • Listen to a podcast
  • Naps
  • Face masks
  • Go thrifting
  • Watch a favorite TV show
  • Volunteer
  • Drink more water
  • Talk with friends
  • Learn a language
  • Have quiet time
  • Declutter on a regular basis
  • Spend some time with friends and family
  • Travel somewhere new
I know this is a lot, but I do not expect to do every single one of these every single day. These are just things I would like to do throughout the year, to help improve my mental health (and my physical health, as well).

What are things you would like to do for your health (mental, physical, spiritual, etc.)?

No comments:

Post a Comment