Monday, July 25, 2022

A Moment That is Special to Me

 


This photo was taken at the retreat I had gone to last month, of me going ziplining.

This moment is special to me, because I had pushed through my fear of heights, to do something I have never done before. No one forced me to do this, or suggested I do it; it was 100% my own decision. And, to be honest, I am so glad I did it!

For me, it was scary climbing up, as well as being on the small landing, but I pushed through my fear, and jumped off.

It showed me that I can do anything I put my mind to, if I am just brave enough to take that first step.

Right after I had done this, I said that I didn't want to go again, but now that some time has passed since the retreat, I am finding that I do want to go again, as well as try other activities that are out of my comfort zone.

Having this picture (as well as a video) of me doing this makes this experience all the more special to me, because I can relive it over and over again, as many times as I want, when I look at them.

I am so grateful that I got to do this, and to be able to have another first-time experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment