Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Grieving Without a Timeline

Since September of last year, there were 2 deaths of co-workers of mine, one happening over this past summer, which brought up all the emotions and grief of losing my mom, that I have had since her death.

Since I am normally a quiet person, I tend to keep my emotions, my thoughts, and how I am feeling to myself a lot of the time, mainly because the person I really want to talk to, the one whom I always went to, is the one I am grieving.

Yesterday, I attended my first ever Grief Share session (through Zoom, of course, because of the pandemic), to help me get through these emotions, the grief, and the thoughts going around in my mind.

It was uncomfortable for me to talk in the group, and hearing the others talk about their losses made me tear up, but it was good to talk about how I am feeling these days, as I really wanted to say something to someone.

A co-worker turned to on to Grief Share, and I was hesitant to talk with people I don't know, but I decided to give it a try.

And, to be honest, I am kind of glad I did.

Because grief will always be there. It never goes away, no matter how long it has been. There is no set timeline of when grief will end. It won't.

I have learned that over the years, especially the past year or so, with everything that happened.

Everything that I go through reminds me that grief will always be with me, no matter what I do, where I go, or how long time has passed.

I will always grieve for my mom, until I get to see her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment