Monday, September 30, 2019

Waves of Grief



Almost nine years on
And I am
Feeling the grief
All over again
 
I wish you were
Still here with me
I wish I could
Talk to you again
Hug you again
See you again
 
The first year without you
Was the hardest thing to do
 
And now it feels
Almost like that again
 
It is so hard
To express
What I am feeling
What I am going through
To others
 
The one I really
Want to talk to
Is the one that
I am grieving for
 
Some days
I wish someone
Would ask me
How I am really doing
 
And I wish
I could just
Open up
 
Let my grief out
And let loved ones in
 
I miss you so much
That it hurts
As much as when
You first left
 
This summer
Has made me realize
Just how much
I need you
How much I love you
How much I wish
That you were
Still here with us
 
How much you mean to me
 
Experiencing
Hearing about
What we
Get to do in life
 
The little things
As well as the big things
That you should have
Been here for
 
This grief
Has been coming
in waves
And I have
Been hurting
Crying
Missing you
 
It has been overwhelming
At times
 
But I know
You are fine
That you are
Not sick
Or suffering
Anymore
 
That you are
Finally at rest
And at peace
 
But it is hard
For me to let go
Of the grief
That I am experiencing
Because you
Are in Heaven
And not here
On earth
 
It is hard
For me
To know that
My confidant
My best friend
Is gone
Is not by my side anymore
 
I love you so much, Mom
And I can't wait
To see you again
One day

No comments:

Post a Comment