Saturday, September 21, 2019

Dear Summer


Dear Summer,
 
Thank you for all of the wonderful memories
I was able to make.
From college graduation
My very first Joni and Friends Retreat (where I met
and made friends with some amazing people!!)
Going to a professional baseball game with friends
My very first Joni and Friends Walk and Roll
Seeing the Downton Abbey movie in theaters with friends
Ukulele nights with friends
 
It was a wirlwind of activities
That I am thankful to have been a part of
It took a great deal of courage for me
To take the steps
To be able to go to the Retreat
As I am a very shy and introverted person
And I tend to play it safe a lot
 
I didn't know anyone that was going
And wasn't able to drive myself there
So I had to take it upon myself
To find a way there
 
Meeting the people at Retreat
Made me so grateful
That I took the chance
To step out of my comfort zone
(WAY out of my comfort zone!!!)
To come to something
That is change my life for good
 
Thank you for giving me these amazing opportunities
That I may not have had otherwise
Thank you for allowing me to face my fears
Of meeting new people
Of traveling and staying somewhere
Completely on my own
Of overcoming my shyness enough
Of giving me time with friends
Both new and old
 
Thank you for new memories
That I will look back fondly on
And the people that I got to spend time with
 
Thank you for the places I got to go
Things I got to do and see and experience
Thank you for everything

No comments:

Post a Comment