Wednesday, February 11, 2015

School Has Begun

Well, yesterday was the first day of school for the spring semester.

This class is supposed to be about five hours long, because we will be making cakes and stuff, but since today was the first day, the teacher just explained what we will be doing, and what all we need. That took about an hour.

I'm excited about what we are going to do, but also nervous, because I've never done anything quite like this.

We are going to make sugar/fondant roses, learn different decorating techniques, and make multi-tiered cakes.

For our midterm, we have to make a decorated birthday cake, and for the final, we have to make a 2-3 tiered wedding cake.

Yikes!!!!!

I really hope I do well on those two, because I've never done decorating like this before.

I've only done icing on the tops of cakes/cupcakes. Nothing at all like the professionals do.

Although, I am really looking forward to this class. I really enjoy classes that are hands on, instead of students just sitting for a couple hours, listening to lectures.

The only down side to this class is that it is five hours long. Hopefully, with all the baking and decorating we will be doing, that time will go by fast.

Here's hoping that I do well in this class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment