Friday, November 13, 2020

New York Times Journaling

Yesterday, I saw a post on the Girls' Life website (yes, I read Girls' Life, as they do have some good ideas), about a trend going around on TikTok about NYT journaling.

Basically, you read the Times (or any newspaper of your choosing), then cut out articles, headlines, or photos that spark an interest with you, and put them into a notebook, as a sort of time capsule/collage-type journal.

I loved the idea, so I have been reading my local newspapers (something which I have seldom done up until now), and already have a nice collection of articles and photos that interested me.

This type of journaling is a very good way of remembering the events that have happened, and gives people a creative outlet in life, and I don't know why I didn't think of doing this before!

Journaling is one of my favorite things to do, as it gives me a sense of what I want to say, and it helps me remember the things that are important. I am a shy, quiet person, so this gives me a voice.

It helps me to say the things I want and need to say, when I can't find the words to say what I want out loud.

My collection so far. Sorry for the blurry picture, my phone camera just wouldn't cooperate with me, and this was the best I could get.

I can't wait to start putting my journal together, with all of the newspaper clippings I collect. I am always looking for creative things to do, and this is one thing I am happy to try out.


No comments:

Post a Comment