Thursday, November 26, 2020

What I Am Thankful For in 2020

2020 has been one heck of a year. Even with everything that happened this year, this is so much that I am thankful for, things that I will always be thankful for, not just this time of year.
  • Being able to keep my job (I know many people had lost their jobs because of Covid, which is/was NOT their fault, but I was-and am-fortunate enough to still have my job during all of this)
  • My workplace figuring out ways in which to keep everyone (both employees and patrons) safe during this time
  • My home
  • Being able to vote in the presidential election
  • Clean, running water whenever I need/want it
  • My favorite blogs
  • My favorite YouTubers/YouTube channels
  • My friends, both old and new
  • My family
  • My cats
  • Joni and Friends
  • Zoom get-togethers with my Joni and Friends "family" 
  • Co-workers emailing/texting/calling me every once in a while, to see how I am doing
  • Naps (I love to sleep!)
  • My cats
  • Snuggles with my cats
  • Photography
  • Baking
  • Writing
  • Long conversations with friends (whether it be through phone calls, in-person, or text messages)
  • Essential workers who were, and are, willing to work through this pandemic, to help others
  • Masks, gloves, and other ppe's that can help protect people from sickness
  • Text messaging with friends, family
  • Grief Share, which a co-worker turned me on to
  • My favorite TV shows
  • My favorite movies
  • My favorite music
  • My favorite books
  • Grocery home delivery services
  • Being able to have the Joni and Friends Walk 'N' Roll event through Zoom
  • Audiobooks
  • Fall colors (leaves changing to all different colors, pumpkins, etc.)
  • Pumpkin pie (I love pumpkin pie!!!)
  • Brussels sprouts (yes, Brussels sprouts...one of my favorite veggies!!!)
  • Showers and baths
  • Chocolate
  • Video games (I have been playing video games A LOT this year)
  • Board games
  • Card games
  • Sweaters in cold weather
  • Central air
  • Headphones
  • Pinterest
  • Musical instruments (especially violins, as I used to play)
  • Knitting
  • Crochet
  • Audiobooks
  • Netflix
  • Disney Plus
  • Puzzles
  • Christmas music
  • Backpacks (I LOVE backpacks, and have several of them!)
  • Edible cookie dough
  • Comforters
  • My bed
  • Songs that speak to me (and when they come on the radio at the right time)
  • Alone time
  • Silence (sometimes, I just prefer to have silence over sound)
  • Notebooks and pens (I love notebooks, and have accumulated a very large number of them, especially composition notebooks)
  • Making a sweater for my dad
  • Learning new crochet stitches
To those who celebrate, happy Thanksgiving!! What are you thankful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment