Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas 2016

(Disclaimer: I am not trying to brag in any way, shape, or form about what I got for Christmas, or what I did. I just wanted to share, for those who are interested.)

I hope everyone who celebrates Christmas, had a wonderful day yesterday!! For those who celebrate Hannukah, I hope you had a wonderful start to Hannukah, as well!!

I had a good Christmas. On Saturday, my dad, 2 brothers, and I opened presents, and had our traditional pizza for dinner from Giordano's (probably my favorite Christmas tradition!).

I got the first season of Bonanza on DVD (it's one of my favorite shows), an Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber that lights up, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children book, Hollow City book, It's Christmas to Me by Pentatonix CD, Night Visions by Imagine Dragons CD, a Hagrid Funko Pop figure, a Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Funko Pop figure, slippers, a bed sheet set and pillowcase set, and the Harry Potter Character Vault book.

On Sunday, my dad and I went to the 9 am mass, and then I took a nap, as I didn't sleep much the previous night (I am a major night owl, so I am always up pretty late most nights).

Then, my sister and her family came over for a few hours. We had some appetizers, and the cookies that I made for the holidays (sugar cookies, shortbread, and cream cheese chocolate chip cookies).

We then opened presents. My niece and nephew absolutely loved their presents.

From my sister and her family, I got a hair dryer (yes, I did ask for a hair dryer), a Wilton cake leveler, a Wilton fondant smoother, and a Wilton cake stand.

I am going to school for my baking degree, so I was super excited to get the baking tools!!

I am looking forward to using, reading. listening to, and just enjoying the presents I got, and I loved getting to see family over the holidays.

For New Year's I am staying at home with my dad and brothers, and we will be watching New Year celebrations on TV, and eating appetizers. I can't believe it's almost 2017 already. The days just seem to fly by this year.

I will be taking a food prep essentials class next semester, one of the four remaining required classes I have to take for my degree.

I hope everyone has an amazing New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment