Thursday, January 7, 2016

Musically Inclined

I was recently chatting with one of the children's librarians at the local library, and we got to talking about music and musical instruments.

She told me she was learning how to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on the guitar, so she can play it at story time.

I told her that I used to play the violin in my elementary school's orchestra, and took a guitar class my freshman year of high school (yes, they had/have a guitar class!!).

For quite some time, I have been hoping to be able to buy a full size violin for myself, and to start playing again. I seriously miss playing, and would love to get back into it.

I quit playing the violin after fifth grade, because I "got bored with it." I have been regretting that ever since. So, hopefully I can start up again, before it's too late.

I may even start trying to play the guitar again as well. I love music, and actually enjoyed playing instruments. There are other instruments I want to play as well, and hopefully I can maybe take lessons for those too. Although, violin is my instrument of choice, and will be focusing on that.

I can't wait to get back into things, and to play again soon!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment