Saturday, January 10, 2015

Joni and Friends Retreats 2015

I just found out that this years' Joni and Friends Retreats are now open for registration. I seriously want to go to one, but money is tight, and I don't know if I will be able to go this year.

Joni and Friends Retreats are like summer camps, where people with disabilities, and their families, can go for a week to just relax, unwind, and not think about the stresses in their life.

I really hope I can figure out a way to get the money before everything fills up. These retreats sound like a lot of fun.

I am trying to think of ways to fundraise money for this one retreat, that I really want to go to, which costs $460. It's one of the least expensive ones, but still expensive for me.

I'm not dead set on going this year, because of the cost, but I want to start saving for one of these retreats, as I seriously want to go.

As I am typing on, I am thinking of having bake sales to raise money. I don't know if it'll be quite enough, but it's an idea, and I am willing to give it a try.

Here's to hoping I can volunteer at a retreat someday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment