Saturday, October 4, 2014

Introvert...It's Not A Bad Thing To Be

I recently saw and read this article online, where a woman talks about being an introvert, and gives tips for others who know introverts.

I am an intovert myself, and I love seeing articles like this.

Being an introvert is NOT a bad thing. It does not mean we are snobby, or selfish, or anything of the sort. We just don't feel comfortable in the spotlight, nor do we feel comfortable talking a lot.

A major tip I have for people who know introverts, is to NOT force/ask them to change. They will shy away even more from social things, and from people.

If they have something to say, they will say it, and on their own terms, not because someone makes them, or wants them to.

I prefer writing/typing/texting to speaking, not because I don't like people, but because it's easier for me to organize my thoughts, and I can have more time to think about what I want to say.

I love writing, photography, and arts and crafts.

I would rather stay at home, reading, watching tv, listening to music, than go to a bar, a big party, or anything with a bunch of people.

I have a small group of friends that I hang out with often, and that I can trust. I prefer one-on-one or small group interactions to big groups.

Public speaking scares the crap out of me.

I am fine with being an introvert, although there are times when I wish I was more outgoing.

It's articles like the one I included in this post that actually make me feel good about being an introvert. People understand what we go through, and that extroverts need to understand that being quiet isn't such a bad thing.

Do not try to change introverts, as we won't want to change. Unless it is done on our own terms. Even if we do change, we will ALWAYS be introverts at heart, and that's ok.

So please, be more accepting and understanding of us introverts, and don't try and change us. We are pretty happy the way we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment