Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Cautiously Optimistic and Excited

Registration for this year's Joni and Friends Family Retreats is now open, and I immediately signed up to volunteer.

But, with the way last year went, I am not totally convinced that we will be able to have in-person retreats this year.

I hope and pray that we do, but obviously since I and others don't know what will happen, I am half expecting retreats to be cancelled/postponed/changed to at-home retreats again.

My first, and only, time volunteering at retreat was in June 2019, and I absolutely LOVED it!!!

Plus, it was my first time traveling entirely on my own, so that was a huge step for me. And I am so glad I took that step.

I really miss my retreat friends, and would love to be able to see them again this year. Please be kind, 2021, and let us meet up again!!!

I loved every bit of my experience, and I am so grateful I got to go when I did. Before 2019, it just didn't work out, for me to be able to go to retreat, but 2019 was finally my year.

I made some wonderful friends, and experiences that will last for a lifetime, and I hope to be able to make more this year, and in the years to come.

I am just not sure how this year will turn out, but I am being cautiously optimistic. I would love to be able to go to retreat again!

No comments:

Post a Comment