Sunday, September 13, 2015

Back to School Time for Me

This past Thursday was the first day of school for me.

I am taking an advanced cake decorating class. The first day went well. My teacher is very nice, and the class size is small, which I like (including me, there are four students).

 All we did on the first day was go over the syllabus, and what we needed for the class. And then talked for a little bit. That took almost an hour. Which is 1/5 the length of a normal class period.

We will be working on making gumpaste flowers, more piping skills, decorating cookies, and going over what we learned in the beginning cake decorating class.

For the midterm, we have to make a 3-D/sculpted cake, which I'm a little apprehensive about, as I have never made a cake like that before. I already have a few ideas on what I want to do, and hopefully it'll turn out alright.

For our final, we have to make a gumpaste flower bouqet. Which, I suppose, is somewhat easier, in a way.

I am really looking forward to this class, and to learning new skills, that I can most definitely put to use in the future!!





No comments:

Post a Comment