Saturday, August 2, 2014

New Friendships

When I started volunteering in the library's children's area in May/June, there was a temporary summer reading program librarian who was hired for the summer.

Her name was Dianne (the same name as me, just a slight difference in the spelling), which I thought was kind of funny, but cool.

We instantly hit it off. Our personalities are pretty different. She is outgoing, and I am shy.

Now that summer is just about over, she is leaving on Thursday, as the summer reading program is over.

Last week, she had given me a card and some jewelry she made herself, after I had given her a note saying how much I truly appreciated getting to know and talk to her over the summer.

What's great about that is that she remembered my favorite color, purple, and incorporated it into the jewelry. I absolutely love them (a necklace and a pair of earrings), and was touched that she did that for me.

I am going to miss seeing her at the library, but we had exchanged phone numbers and email addresses, so we can stay in touch. Which I hope we can do for many, many years to come.

Dianne has helped me come out of my shell a little, which is something I wanted to do.

Seeing and talking with her over the summer has made volunteering much more enjoyable this year, and I hope to be able to see her in the future as well.

So, thank you Dianne, for all that you have done. You have no idea the impact you have made on me! You are the best, and I wish you all the best in the future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment