Monday, August 4, 2014

I Still Want to Be a Special Education Teacher

Even after all this time, I still want to be a special education teacher. I tried going for my special education degree in 2005, but I wasn't doing well in my classes, so I switched to a different degree.

Yet, I'm still feeling drawn to special education.

There are a few things stopping me from really going for it again. One is that I am an extremely shy person, and hate talking in front of a group of people.

I really want to get over that, though, as I hate being so shy. It prevents me from doing some things that I really want to do.

Another reason, is that I have a learning disability, and don't do well in classes without a lot of help.

My worst subject is math, so I am not looking forward to that aspect of schooling, both in going for my degree, and in teaching. But, I'll figure out how to work with it.

For awhile, I have been looking at ideas on Pinterest, for teaching stuff. There is a lot of great ideas on there, for teaching. It makes me even more determined to become a special education teacher.

Hopefully, if I do decide to try again, it will work out better than the last time. I don't want to fail again.

No comments:

Post a Comment