Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars Movie Outing

Well, yesterday I decided to go see The Fault in Our Stars.

Oh. My. Gosh.

So sad, so moving, so beautiful. Definitely a tear-jerker of a movie.

If you decide to go see this movie, be prepared to cry quite a bit. Bring some tissue with you.

If you don't know what it is about, it is about two teenagers, a boy and a girl, who have cancer, and are trying to live life to the fullest with the time they have. They travel halfway around the world to have some questions answered, they go through the pain of sickness and of loss.

I haven't read the book before seeing the movie (yeah, yeah, I know we're "supposed to read the book first, but I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy, and I really wanted to see the movie), so I was a little unprepared for how it would go.

I may wait awhile before reading the book, though, as I'm still kind of on an emotional high right now.

But I will definitely read it, as I am curious as to how the book differs to the movie.

Movies like this really make me realize what's most important in life: family and friends, love, living every moment to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment