Sunday, June 1, 2014

My Goings-On This Past Week

A few things happened this week, including today.

Last Sunday, I got a new phone, as my old was quit working altogether. I am loving my new phone, an LG Optimus L90. It is a little bigger than my last phone, has more memory, and is pretty cool.

It has a front-facing camera, and a back-facing one, I can finally use Instagram again, which I couldn't get on my last phone.

Monday was Memorial Day, but we didn't do anything special. Just relaxed at home. Which is fine with me (and my family).

Tuesday was my first day volunteering in the children's department at the library. I loved volunteering with them last summer, and wanted to do so again. So when I was asked by the volunteer director if I wanted to do so again over the summer, I jumped at the chance.

I helped decorate the area for the summer reading program (the theme this year is Fizz Boom Bang, a science related theme).

I now volunteer at the library five days a week, Monday Through Friday, 2 hours each day. Mondays and Wednesdays, I clean discs from 12-2 pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays I helped out in the children's area, doing whatever they need done from 2-4 pm, and Fridays I deliver library materials to patrons who can't come in to the library for whatever reason, from 9-11 am.

I absolutely love what I am doing, and am so grateful for being given these opportunities. The people are super nice, which makes volunteering all the more enjoyable.

Today, I went to the local Day in Our Village event, that happens every year on the first Sunday in June. There are several booths offering their services, there is food, music, and entertainment for everyone. I had a really good time, even though it was hot and humid out.

Well, that's pretty much it so far. More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment