Monday, January 1, 2024

My Word for 2024

For several years now, I have bee doing a word for the year. I've done ok with sticking with my word of the year, but I can definitely do better.

Hopefully 2024 will be the year that I take it seriously, and work on doing better.

My word for 2024 is: COURAGE

For as long as I can remember, I have been very shy and afraid of speaking up for myself, as well as doing as much as I can for myself.

Being so shy, and not sticking up for myself, has made me feel like I couldn't do anything, and that I was missing out on what would be the best things for me.

This year, I want to say yes to doing more of the things I want to do, and no to staying on the sidelines. Yes to doing more things for myself, so that I can be as independent as possible, and no to being afraid of doing things.

I want to have more confidence, and less fear.

This year, I want to:

  • Reach out to my friends and family more
  • Become more comfortable with public speaking
  • Become more comfortable with making phone calls (and talking to people on the phone)
  • Take better care of my physical and mental health
  • Deepen my faith and relationship with God
  • Become more comfortable with starting a conversation with someone
  • Become more comfortable with praying out loud, in a group of people
  • Learn how to not care so much about what others think of me
  • Learn how to not doubt myself so much
  • Become more comfortable with driving, and to get my driver's license
  • Get a job that I will love, that works for me and my skillset
  • Pray every day, in the morning and before bed  
  • Say yes to more things that I want to do  
  • Create boundaries and stand up for myself
  • Go on a vacation by myself
  • Start a YouTube channel, and post regularly
  • Try indoor skydiving
  • Try the ropes course at camp (if I am able to go this year)
  • Teach myself how to play the violin
  • Teach myself how to play the ukulele
  • Try karate
  • Write compliments on sticky notes and leave them in random places
  • Have a photo shoot taken in public
  • Write and send letters to friends, telling them what they mean to me
  • Learn Spanish
  • Learn Sign Language
  • Play a song on the violin, in front of a group of people
I know this is a lot, but I want to stop being so afraid of going after the things I want, and of living up to my true potential.

Do you have a word for 2024?

No comments:

Post a Comment