Friday, August 25, 2023

My Health and Fitness Goals

For quite a while, I have been neglecting my health, and I want to do better about taking care of it.

In this list, I am including goals for mental, physical, and spiritual health, and I feel that they are all inter-connected, and very important to my well-being.

So, without further ado, here are my health and fitness goals:

  • Go for 30-minute walks at least 3x a week

  • Get 8 hours of sleep every night

  • Improve my posture
    I slouch a lot, and have done so for years. I really do not like how it makes me feel and look, and I want to work on this.

  • Find a skincare routine that works for me, and keep up with it

  • Find a hair care routine that works for me, and keep up with it

  • No screens an hour before bed

  • Figure out a good balance in the things that I eat

  • Drink enough water every day

  • Spend some time every day in nature

  • Journal at least 2x a week

  • Read my bible every day
    Beginning January 1st, I have been doing a Read the Bible in a Year challenge, and have been doing well so far. I want to keep that up!

  • Pray every day
    I am very bad at this, and very seldom pray. I want to do better with this.

  • Ride my bike 2-3x a week

  • Listen to my favorite music at least an hour a day  

  • Go to bed by 11 pm each night

  • Wake up by 9 am each morning
    I am NOT a morning person at all--I am a huge night owl, so going to bed, and waking up at a decent hour every day is going to be very hard for me to do, at least at the start.

  • Eat a healthy breakfast every morning  

  • Have a self-care day/routine every week  

  • Talk to my friends on a more regular basis  

  • Learn how to cook better, and cook more meals for myself  

  • Complete some type of puzzle every day
    (Sudoku, Mahjong, word search, jigsaw, etc.; I LOVE puzzles, and would love to incorporate it more into my everyday routine.)

  • Lose around 40 pounds, and gain more strength  

  • Learn a few foreign languages
    I love words and languages, and would love to learn Spanish, Italian, French, and Sign Language.

  • Take myself out on regular dates  

  • Do a digital/social media detox at least once a month  

  • Take more photos/learn how to take better pictures 

  • Learn how to meal prep

  • Be more organized

  • Try out a new hobby for a month

  • Take one long bath or shower a week

  • Relearn how to play the violin, and learn to play one new song a week (or every two weeks)

  • Do something active every day

  • Learn how to love myself
I may add to this if I think of any more, but this is a good starting point for working on my health. I am definitely going to take it slow, and only start with a couple things at first, and then add more as time goes on.


Have you set any health and fitness goals for yourself? What do you want to do, to take care of yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment