Monday, February 5, 2018

Moments That Have Shaped Me

There have definitely been moments in my life, that have changed and shaped me. They have made me who I am today, and to be honest, I am thankful for these moments.
  • My maternal grandpa's death in April 1999. That was the first death I remember, and it scared me. I had nightmares for a month, and sometimes couldn't even sleep in my own room.
  • My mom's death in November 2010, and that was the hardest thing I have gone through.
  • My high school graduation. It made me realize that I am growing up, becoming an adult, and that I will be doing more things for myself.
  • My current job at the library. It means that I can be independent, that I don't have to rely on others for everything, that I am able to do things for myself.
  • Starting/going to college. It means that I get to go after something that I want, instead of something that others think I need or want (yes, this is something that I want).
**Thanks to Sarah Jo Burch for the idea for this post!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment