Friday, May 12, 2017

My New Violin FINALLY Came!!!

I had order a violin (a Crescent brand) in March, and it finally arrived today.

The case it came in.

The violin, bow, and the extras that came with it.

They had sent the original one I ordered soon after I ordered it, but before it arrived, it broke, so they offered to send another one (at no cost). I agreed to that, and was expecting it to come within a couple weeks afterwards.

It actually took closer to one month to get here, which I am not too happy about.

But, I am happy that it's here, and that it didn't get damaged somehow.

I haven't played it yet, but I did check it out, and compare it to my old violin. The new one is bigger, as my old one was used when I was in elementary school and is too small for me now.

It is been over 10 years since I last played, so I will have to relearn how to play. I bought a songbook a while ago, so I am really looking forward to getting back into it.

Comparing the sizes of my new violin (left) and my old violin (right).
 
I have always loved music, and instruments, so having the violin, as well as a ukulele and a guitar (can you see a theme going here?) makes me very happy. I am very rusty at playing instruments, as I haven't played any in so long, but I am willing to practice, so I can get better (especially better than when I played in elementary school, as I didn't really practice a lot back then!!).
 
I want to learn how to play other instruments as well, but this is one that I absolutely LOVE!! And one of the ones that I wanted to play first.
 
Looking forward to having a relaxing time, playing my new violin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment