Sunday, January 1, 2017

My Word for 2017 Is...

Responsible
 
I have heard of people having a 'word' for the upcoming year, and talking about why they chose that word.
 
For 2017, I have chosen the word RESPONSIBLE.
 

I feel like that is the perfect word for me to work towards, as I think I can do more that what I am currently doing, to be more responsible for myself.

Many of the choices I have made in the past, aren't the wisest choices I have made to being as independent as I possibly can, and I want to work on that.

So, for 2017 (and beyond), I want to work on being more responsible for:

  • My health. I am not taking very good care of myself, physically, emotionally, and mentally. And I really, really, really want to do better. There are several activities that I love to do (bike riding, swimming, yoga, even playing on playgrounds), and there are lots of food that I love, that I would be willing to have on a regular basis, that is good for me. Another health-related thing I would like to work on is my posture. For many years now, I have been slouching a lot, and it affects how I feel physically, emotionally and mentally. And it just does not look good. I want to be able to stand/sit up straight, without it being uncomfortable, and something I do not want to do; something I have to actually think about doing.
  • How I spend my time. I don't have a job yet, and only volunteer once a week, so most of my free time is spent either on the Internet, watching a movie, reading, listening to music, or just sitting at home. The only thing I do that gets me out of the house is volunteering on Friday mornings. I would love to go out more often, to do more things out of the house, so I'm not doing nothing all day.
  • My work ethic. There are some things in the work force that make me very uncomfortable, and unwilling to do, and I want to work on that. One is talking to people. I am a very shy person most of the time, and am only comfortable talking around friends and family. I would love to be able to be comfortable in a work environment, and not have to worry about little things. I would love to have a job that I will love, that I will be comfortable doing, and that the employer would be proud of having me as an employee.
  • My financial situation. Since I don't have a job yet, the only way I get money is from my dad once a week. I don't always spend/save my money wisely, and I would like to work on that a lot more. I have been thinking that, once I get a job, I will put one third of my checks into my savings account, one third will be for donating, and one third will be used for spending on whatever I want/need right away.
  • My possessions. I don't always take care of my things, and they end up getting torn, ripped, broken, or otherwise destroyed. And I have wrecked a few things that I loved, which I feel really bad about. Hopefully I can do better, and put things where they belong when I am done with them, so I can keep them as long as possible. I would also like to be more aware of where I put my possessions, as I sometimes forget where I put them, and it can take me a long time to find them.
  • My actions, thoughts and emotions. I am one of those very sensitive people, so I tend to take things personally, even when it's not meant to be personal. Although, I have gotten better at not taking things every single thing personally, over the last several years, but I still want to work on it. I also want to work on not thinking negatively, about myself, or others. I would just like to be more positive, more happy in the things I do, think, and feel, and to bring as little negativity into my life as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment