Monday, February 15, 2016

Being Single

Valentine's Day...that holiday for happy couples.

Well, I am not a part of the "happy couple" equation, so Valentine's Day isn't one of my favorite days, holiday-wise.

I don't have a significant other to love. Plus, I'm not big on the commercialization of the day.

I know that people would say that I could love my family, and myself on this day.

I love my family anyway, and one day devoted to "love" just doesn't cut it for me.

I am learning to love myself, so it's not quite that simple to "love" me on Valentine's Day.

Anyway, back to my singleness, and a holiday that reminds me of that every year.

I have never really had a boyfriend/been in an official relationship with anyone, so Valentine's Day isn't really that special.

For a while, I have been happy with being single, but now, seeing friends in relationships, and getting engage/married, is making me feel like it's never going to happen for me.

I really want to have a meaningful, long, loving relationship with someone who will love me for who I am, who will love all of me. Someone who will not ask me to change anything about myself.

Someone who I will do the same for.

I want to get married, and have a family, someday. Hopefully sooner rather than later (I am not looking for a relationship, just to be in one. I have decided that I am really ready for love, and for to share my life with someone).

Although, it seems like it won't be happening any time soon.

But, I am not giving up hope. I know someone is out there, somewhere, who will be there for me. Who will want to be with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment