Tuesday, June 9, 2015

California Dreamin'

I forget what movie it was, but I was recently watching a movie, where one of the songs had the words "California Dreamin' " in it, and it reminded me of my trip there in 2004.

It was a graduation gift from my oldest brother, and I am very thankful for that experience. I had never been to the west coast before, and never seen a body of water that big.

Yes, I know it's just water, but it was still pretty cool.

I got to visit San Francisco, see the Golden Gate Bridge, see Alcatraz from a boat tour, go kayaking in a lake, see the third Harry Potter movie, visit a few towns, and many other really cool things.

My favorite part of the trip, apart from being in California and visiting my brother and sister-in-law, was going horseback riding the last full day of my visit.

I LOVE horses, and when my brother asked what I wanted to do, the only thing I could think of was horseback riding.

We went on a 2-hour trail ride up a local mountain. It was really beautiful, and I truly enjoyed it.

Now, I am wanting to go back, and visit the state, as I had really enjoyed being there.

Hopefully I'll be able to do that sometime. I love to travel, and would love to be able to go to many more places in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment