Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Friend in Need

I found out today that a friend of mine lost her dad to a drunk driver. I am sorry for her loss, but I'm also angry that the person was stupid enough to get behind the wheel and drive. Thanks to that person, my friend has to live with the grief and anger of losing her dad this way.

I hate it when people think they can drive after they've had drinks.  I know their judgment is impaired after drinking, but I don't get why they are allowed to get behind the wheel when they're drunk. It just gets me angry.

I wonder how that person feels, knowing that he has killed someone. I hope he feels tons and tons of remorse, guilt and shame. I hope he's put in jail for a long while, so he can think about what he's done. My friend and her family does not need to go through this. She is one of the most wonderful people I know, and I am fortunate to be considered one of her friends. She does NOT deserve this.

I will be leaving my phone on all night, probably for several nights, for my friend, if she wanted to talk at night. She was there for me when my mom died, so I'm repaying the favor for her. She desperately needs friends and family right now.

I know what she is going through, so I can shed a little light on her situation, if she has any questions for me. I'm just angry that there are people out there who drink and drive, and think that's ok. They don't really care about anything if they do that. I don't mind if people want to have a good time, but drinking doesn't have to be a part of that.

This is why I don't drink. Or, rarely drink. I don't want to put other lives in danger, because of my actions. I hate seeing people suffer, especially if it's friends and family. I just want to scream at the top of my lungs, because life is just so unfair. I know I can't change what has happened, but I wish I could tell people NOT TO DRINK AND DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what happens when you do. You jeopardize your life, and others' lives as well. You could end up killing someone, or yourself. You could cause a lot of grief, anger, and confusion. I wish I could ask this person why he did what he did. And how he feels. I really want to make him feel bad for what he did. But, I can't. That's ok, though. I don't want to cause anymore problems than there already are.

I really wish my friend wasn't going through all this crap. It's not fair. I hope the person who caused this finds it in his heart to apologize (even though that isn't enough for what has happened), and to feel bad for what he has done. If he doesn't feel sorry/bad about his actions, then he doesn't have a heart, and he is a  MONSTER. He doesn't deserve to live, if that is the case.

Sorry for going on like this, but I needed to let it out. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment